This training is an introduction into Product Management and Business Analysis. There are various entry roles in this field; Associate Product Manager, Product owner, Product Manager, etc. This training will prepare you to take up any of these roles.
This way, it is not only what you learn in the classroom but what you do practically that counts towards your experience. This course is designed to help you understand the role of product owners and product managers in agile software development. Become skilled at creating a compelling product vision, grooming the product backlog, planning the release for digital products and collaborating in sprint meetings.
This course is suitable for new product managers/owners with little or no product management knowledge and experience, who would like to adopt a more structured approach to product management and to gain practical work experience.
Pre-Work- Complete a series of self-paced preparatory test and lessons before the course to match your strength & talent with your career path and get up to speed on the fundamentals of Product Manager.
Online Instructor-Led Sessions- Learn by doing with help from an expert. Explore key concepts and tools, then put them to work through hands-on activities grounded in real-world scenarios.
Homework - Apply what you’ve learned in class to cumulative assignments that build toward the final project.
Presentations- Share your presentations and receive feedback from your instructional team and classmates.
Live Project - With a strong portfolio of digitally driven programmes and projects, you will have the opportunity to gain practical work experience as a project management or business analysis professional with digital expertise.
Intro to Product Management
Understand what a product is, the role of a product manager, and the relationships PMs need to manage.
The PM Ecosystem
Examine the product development cycle through the lens of the stakeholders you’ll work with and the data you’ll use.
Aligning With Business Needs
Ensure that product planning and prioritization are connected to overall business needs and objectives and key results (OKRs).
Understanding Your Market
Explore competitor behavior and emerging trends to identify gaps and opportunities.
Prioritize and deploy research activities to understand customer goals, needs, and pain points.
From Research to Insights
Summarize research findings to pull out key insights that inform the product development process.
Identify assumptions and risks and validate them using prototypes and minimum viable products (MVPs).
Working With UX
Learn about key tasks and deliverables that user experience designers work on and how they support the product management process.
Prioritize tasks to frequently release value to users and the business.
Plan and prioritize upcoming work using a product roadmap, epics, and user stories.
Product Development Frameworks
Get acquainted with the fundamentals of Agile — the de facto working approach for many teams — including how it’s executed and how it can drive productivity.
Working With Developers
Discover key terms, workflows, and technologies that developers use every day and how you as a PM can best support their work.
Gather customer insights through interviews and experiments on an ongoing basis to continuously improve products.
Managing Product Health
Understand where your product is in its life cycle and use data to make decisions about the future direction of the product.
Communicating - Like a PM, Part 1
Working with stakeholders is something that PMs will need to do every day. Learn best practices and approaches for improving your communications.
Communicating Like a PM, Part 2
Prepare for final presentations by learning about presentation best practices.
Share the final output of your projects. Discuss how to apply learning from the class to jobs and job searches.
Candidates will be able to demonstrate, principles for new product development, business justification, planning, verification, forecasting, pricing, product launch, and marketing of a product or products at all stages of the product lifecycle using the right methodologies and Framework. Candidates will:
- Understand the principles and processes for developing product roadmaps
- Apply tools and methods for generating and validating user needs, ideas, co-creation and mapping the findings into product and market requirements and positioning documents
- Techniques for oversight of agile development, rapid prototyping, experimentation and risk management with object oriented development, data and analytics based tools sets
- Techniques for planning, oversight and launch of products and software, including tracking and system level optimization of social media metrics
- Life cycle management of products and services including versioning and pricing
- Techniques for communicating and championing the product benefits to internal (C-Level Managers and sales teams) and external audiences (key customers)
- Understand the variations in the product management practices across different organizations and emergent digital markets
- Alternative ways to drive digital business innovation in your company
Product Owner, Product Manager
Have questions about our Product Management? Our Admissions team is here to help you determine if this program is right for you and your goals. You can also:
- Attend an info session online
- Explore your financing options.
- Contact our helpdesk team on +44 (0) 203 143 3504 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Send download link to: