The Agile Product Owner is a practical discipline; the best way to develop is to ‘learn-by-doing’. This course is designed to help you understand the role of product owners in agile software development. Become skilled at demonstrating a competent fundamental understanding of the Scrum framework as described in the scrum guide and how to apply it. You will learn how to define stories and prioritize the team backlog; streamline the execution of program priorities while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the features or components for the project.
This is 5 weeks training and after the sessions are complete then you would be placed on a real project as part of a team for 3-4months depending on the project. This way, it is not only what you learn in the classroom but what you do practically that counts towards your experience.
This course is ideal for product owners, product managers, analysts, testers and anyone who represents and is expected to understand the desires of users and customers on agile projects. It is also great for Scrum Masters who want to attend with their product owners or to gain a greater understanding of the product owner role.
Pre-Work- Complete a series of self-paced preparatory test and lessons before the course to match your strength & talent with your career path and get up to speed on the fundamentals of Product Owner.
Online Instructor-Led Sessions- Learn by doing with help from an expert. Explore key concepts and tools, then put them to work through hands-on activities grounded in real-world scenarios. This virtual classroom sessions runs for 5 weeks.
Homework - Apply what you’ve learned in class to cumulative assignments that build toward the final project.
Presentations- Share your presentations and receive feedback from your instructional team and classmates.
Live Project - With a strong portfolio of digitally driven programmes and projects, you will have the opportunity to gain practical work experience as a project management or business analysis professional with digital expertise.
Class 1: Introduction to scrum
- Agile & Scrum – Basic Knowledge
- Scrum – Requirement and Estimation
- Ceremonies of Scrum
- Understanding Scrum Board and working on it
- Metrics & reporting
- Advance learning on Scrum Key Areas
- Important Acronyms and its explanation
Class 2: The Role and Responsibilities of a Product Owner
- Stakeholder engagement and management
- Product business model and market analysis
- Setting project scope and objectives
- Defining and communicating the Product Vision
- Defining Product Backlog Items
- User Stories and other Requirements techniques
- Prioritising and ordering the Product Backlog
- Splitting and sizing Product Backlog Items
- Prioritisation including MoSCoW and Kano analysis
Class 2: Working with Jira
- Jira Overview, Projects, Navigation
- Working with Jira, Releases, Components, Filter
- Jira Artifacts (product & sprint backlog)
- Jira Scrum & Kanban Board
- Dashboard & Reporting
- Time Tracking, Impediments, Running Sprint, Activity Logs, Dependencies and more
Class 3: Scrum Sprint Simulation
Class 4: CV and Interview workshop
- Scenario Based Question & Answer
- Common Project Manager Interview & Answer
- How to prepare for your interview
- Group Discussion and Mock Interview
- Resume Review
After completing the course, delegates may register to take the Scrum.org Professional Scrum Product Owner I Assessment in their own time by going to www.scrum.org. There is fee for the exam, which is not included in the cost of the course.
Candidate will be able to:
- Develop a clear project charter that inspires and motivates a team
- Define the product backlog and transform epics and themes into actionable user stories
- Apply a methodical approach for prioritizing items in the product backlog
- Get a clear view of individual roles, responsibilities and how they interact
- Produce accurate plans for fixed-scope and fixed-date projects using velocity ranges
- Earn certification as a product owner
The Certified Product Owner qualification is a fantastic door opening qualification in the tech world and beyond.We pride ourselves in ensuring that your trainer has hands-on experience in the real world so that you’re not simply learning from an instructor, but from someone who understands how to apply the theory practically and successfully.
Product Owner, Product Manager
Have questions about our Product Owner? Our Admissions team is here to help you determine if this program is right for you and your goals. You can also:
- Attend an info session online
- Explore your financing options.
- Contact our helpdesk team on +44 (0) 203 143 3504 or send us an email at email@example.com
Send download link to: