The recent advances in technology mean businesses now have access to a plethora of data on their customers. The amount of data in the world has risen exponentially as the number of people with access to data-generating devices has increased. This radical growth in technology has resulted in an explosion of data.
Consequently, businesses are constantly headhunting individuals who can use the data analysis process to understand, interpret, and predict patterns in business, and then use those data-driven insights to enhance their business practices and advance their company's business goals.
Businesses are in search of individuals with the right set of analytical and numerate skills to help them make sense of their data. Companies seek competent analysts. Hence why Data Analysts are becoming increasingly in high demand across different industry sectors. Their role is critical for unearthing the values in raw data and turning them into actionable insights that drive important business decisions.
This course prepares you to become the go-to person for insight- exposing you to the relevant skills, tools, and technologies to position you for your next dream job!
There are no prerequisites for the Data & Insight Analytics training course. Whether you have some related previous work experience or you are a new starter, this Data Analytics program is for you. We have had delegates with no previous experience enrolled for this program and successfully secured a job once completed.
The training will not be a classroom-based type of training, it’s more of a discussion-based training where we spend the time with the candidates to be able to contribute in the data insight requirements of a Technology project, exposing you to the relevant skills, tools and technologies to position you for your next dream job.
Pre-Work- Complete a series of self-paced preparatory test and lessons before the course to match your strength & talent with your career path and get up to speed on the fundamentals of Data and Insight Analytics.
Online Instructor-Led Sessions- Learn by doing with help from an expert. Explore key concepts and tools, and then put them to work through hands-on activities grounded in real-world scenarios. The sessions will run for 4 weeks. Delegates will attend a 2-3hrs session over the 4 weeks period.
Homework - Apply what you’ve learned in class to cumulative assignments that build toward the final project.
Presentations- Share your presentations and receive feedback from your instructional team and classmates.
Live Project - With a strong portfolio of digitally driven programmes and projects, you will have the opportunity to gain practical work experience as a project management or business analysis professional with digital expertise.
MODULE 1: Introduction to Data & Insight Analytics
- What is Data and why do businesses and institutions need data?
- What is reasons behind data storage?
- What is a database and why do we need a Datawarehouse?
- The concept of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS)?
- Available vendor / and vendor solutions?
- Introduction to SQL
- Data management and regulations
- SQL Server Installation
- Installation of SQL Server 2014/2016
- Database Configuration
- Table Storage
- Authentication and Administration Modes
- Installation of Datawarehouse ( your tutor will provide guidance on available databases)
- Important Database Concepts
- An intro to architecture of relational databases
- Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD)
- Database Objects (Tables /Views ) Rows and Columns
- Constraints: Primary/ Secondary /Surrogate Keys
- Categorization of SQL languages
- Database security controls and permissions.
- SQL Data types
- Select Statements
- SELECT statement, fundamentals of running queries against a table.
- Eliminating Duplicates with DISTINCT clauses
- Using Column and Table aliases
- CASE Expressions
- T-SQL Scripts, Sets, Predicate Logic
- Logical Order of Operations in SELECT statements
- Summarize number of columns from database tables.
- Limiting Expressions and Filtering Rows
- Types of limiting expressions
- SQL operators
- Use a criterion of interest to limit results
- Comparison operators and match patterns, wildcards
MODULE 2: Table Groupings, SQL Queries & Access Management
- Table groupings, Joins, Grouping and Sorting.
- Aggregate functions
- Table aggregations and Single customer views
- Summarizing and grouping data for reporting purposes
- Arithmetic operations in SQL
- Joins- types of joins
- Managing SQL Queries
- System Tables
- Intro to SQL Optimisation
- Variable Control and flow
- Data Definition and Control
- Intro to data definition and control languages
- CREATE DROP ALTER table
- Tabular access permissions
- Creating Views and Stored Procedures
- Intro to User Access Management
- Database schemas
- Authorizing User Access to Objects
- Configuring and granting Permissions at the Schema Level
At the end of the training, delegates would have learned the concepts of
- SQL Server
- Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS)
- Database Concepts
- SQL Queries
- User Access Management
- Data Analyst
- Customer Insights Analyst
- Analytics Insight Manager
- Data Project Manager
- Technical Business Analyst
Have questions about our Data and Insight Analytics? Our Admissions team is here to help you determine if this program is right for you and your goals. You can also:
- Attend an info session online
- Explore your financing options.
- Contact our helpdesk team on +44 (0) 203 143 3504 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
DATA & INSIGHT ANALYTICS
Send download link to: